- Do you have a Judgment in another state?
- Does the Debtor reside in Florida?
- Does the Debtor have assets in Florida?
We Can Help - Anywhere In Florida!
Our law firm will domesticate your out-of-state (foreign) judgment so that it will be enforceable in the State of Florida.1
1 Collection and enforcement services are available at an additional charge.
The Domestication Process
Domestication is the first step to collecting a foreign judgment in Florida. It is the process by which an out-of-state judgment is "recognized" and becomes enforceable in Florida. The domestication process is governed by Florida Statute. Florida has adopted the Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgment Act. This is a legal procedure. A Florida licensed attorney is required to complete this process for any corporate and non- individual parties.
Fees per debtor: $500.002 , plus costs.
2 This fee is based upon uncontested domestication proceedings. Additional fees will apply for contested proceedings.
Estimated Costs: $525.00 (unused balance will be refunded)
3 All costs are based upon amounts charged in Collier County, Florida as of January 2012; costs may vary in other locations; and are subject to change.
- Registration of the judgment with the Secretary of State
- Clerk of Court Filing Fees: – $400.00
- Clerk’s Service Charge: per statute – $42.00
- Certified Mailing: per judgment debtor – $10.10
- Recording Fees: – $10.00
for first page plus $8.50 for each additional page
We have over 20 years of experience assisting out-of-state counsel, banks, businesses, landlords, professionals and individuals in the domestication and enforcement of their foreign judgments. Please review the qualifications of our attorneys and staff on our website at: swflalaw.com.
What You Need To Do
We welcome out-of-state counsel to use our services and work cooperatively on judgment domestication and enforcement matters. We will keep you informed of all developments by e-mail in real-time!
Domestication does NOT include:
- Levies on personal or real property
- Garnishments of bank accounts or other third-party held assets
- Post judgment discovery/discovery in-aid-of-execution
These services are available upon request at additional charge. Contingent fee arrangements are available in appropriate cases.